Delaware's "Official" Fourth Annual Wine and Beer Festival
Online ticket sales are now CLOSED! You may purchase tickets starting at 12 noon on Sunday at the event -- thanks to everyone who purchased in advance and we look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday -- a great day is planned for YOU!
Sunday, October 20, 2013, 12 noon - 5 p.m.
Delaware Agricultural Museum & Village
866 N. DuPont Highway, Dover, Delaware
Like us on Facebook for the most up-to-the-minute festival news.
New this year -- Two Delaware distilleries will provide rum, vodka, gin and bourbon in addition to 100+ varies of Delaware wines and beers!
New this year -- Five course gourmet wine dinner on Saturday, October 19
New this year -- Delaware Homebrew Championship, Sunday, October 20
New this year -- Expanded Free Parking Right Next Door - 1,500 spots available!
New this year -- Raggae Music by the Island Boyz
"Drink Local, Eat Local, Buy Local" is the perfect theme for the fourth annual event that blends Delaware's finest wineries, breweries and now distilleries into one great event. A number of select local eateries will be preparing everything from brick oven gourmet pizza to seafood and barbecue. So get your taste buds fired up for the Fourth Annual Delaware Wine & Beer Festival, sponsored by Kent County Tourism and set for Sunday, October 20, 2013. Here a a few of the high notes:
- The event will be held in the scenic 19th Century Farm Village, aptly named Loockerman Village (pronounced Lock-er-man) after the famous Loockerman family of Dover. An old farm house, school house, country church, a blacksmith shop and even a covered bridge make up the unique college in the village. With the colorful fall leaves against the backdrop of Silver Lake, it's the perfect place to take photos and make memories.
- Admission, which will include 10 sampling tickets, will be $25 in advance with and $35 at the door.
- Designated driver tickets are $10 per person; however, those purchasing designated driver tickets cannot purchase sampling or full pour tickets. In other words, if you wish to drink, purchase the regular admission ticket.
- Advance ticket sales end at 12 noon, October 18, 2013. After that, tickets will only be sold at the event.
- Sampling tickets may be used at any of the breweries, wineries or distilleries -- get 10 of your favorite or 10 different tastes.
- We suggest that you take lawn chairs and/or blankets. That way, you can stake out your favorite spot, purchase a lovely meal, cozy up with your favorite libations and listen to live music.
- Live reggae music will be provided by the Island Boyz.
- Full pours of wine, beer and spirits will be available for sale along with non-alcoholic beverages and upsale food provided by local restaurants.
- Sky Brady will serve as the event DJ.
"Drink Local" -- Invited Breweries, Wineries and Distilleries...
Festival-goers will have the opportunity to meet Delaware's vintners, brewers and distillers, and talk about their locations, their products and their processes. The Festival is the only one of its kind in the State of Delaware with nearly all of the First State's vintners, brewers and distillers will be available in one place. Here's our list of invited and confirmed participants. Check back often as we continue to confirm those participating.
- 3rd Wave Brewing Company, Delmar -- Confirmed
- Argilla Brewing Company, Newark -- Confirmed
- 16 Mile Brewery, Georgetown -- Confirmed
- Delaware Distilling Company, Rehoboth Beach -- Confirmed
- Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Milton -- Confirmed
- Fenwick Wine Cellars, Fenwick Island -- Confirmed
- Fordham & Dominion Brewing Company, Dover -- Confirmed
- Harvest Ridge Winery, Marydel -- Confirmed
- Great Shoals Winery, Princess Anne, MD Featuring "Black Twig Hard Apple" from T.S. Smith's, Bridgeville -- Confirmed
- Mispillion River Brewing, Milford -- Confirmed
- Nassau Valley Vineyards, Lewes -- Confirmed
- Painted Stave Distillery, Smyrna -- Confirmed
- Twin Lakes Brewery, Greenville -- Confirmed
"Buy Local" -- Delaware Artisan Faire
Every year we invite 50 of our favorite Delaware artists, artisans and retailers who hand craft fused and blown glass, pottery, flat art, sculpture, photography, painted wine glasses and accessories and of course jewelry for your "Buy Local" shopping pleasure, and no sales tax in Delaware. Stroll the beautiful historic farm village grounds with your favorite glass of wine and choose that special something for yourself. It's not a bad place to get your holiday shopping completed as well -- unique gifts at comparable prices.
"Eat Local" -- Participating Restaurants and Purveyors of Find Foods...
A select number of local eateries are participating in this year's event for your "Eat Local" dining pleasure. They will be located throughout the historic farm village at the Delaware Agricultural Museum serving a variety of foods from seafood to barbecue. We are pleased to announce our all star line-up:
- Abbott's Grill, Milford -- Confirmed
- Bonz Restaurant at Harrington Raceway & Casino -- Confirmed
- Icing on the Cupcake, Smyrna -- Confirmed
- Maple Dale Country Club, Dover -- Confirmed
- McGlynn's Pub, Dover -- Confirmed
- Odd Fellows Cafe, Smyrna -- Confirmed
- Sportszone, Smyrna -- Confirmed
- Where Pigs Fly, Dover -- Confirmed
For More Information...
For more information... The event will be held rain or shine. If rain occurs, the event will be moved inside the museum. A limited number of admission tickets MAY be sold at the door; however, based on previous years' advance ticket sales, the event will more than likely be sold out if inclement weather occurs. There will be no refunds. The Delaware Agricultural Museum & Village is located at 866 N, DuPont Highway, in the heart of Dover, DE. For more information, call Kent County Tourism, 302-734-4888 or 800-233-5368. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.